Minutes of the Governing Board Meeting
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Longview
April 8, 2018
- Call to Order.
The meeting was called to order at 12:50 p.m., Sunday, March 8, 2018 by Huey Mitchell, President. Other Board Members participating in the meeting were Carol West, Vice-President, Marolen Mitchell, Treasurer, Madonna Huacuja and Tom Mitchell. A quorum of the Governing Board was established.
- Board Covenant.
The Board Covenant was read by all Members of the Governing Board.
III. Non-Board Members Addressing the Board on non-agenda items.
Madonna Huacuja spoke for Greg Marshall, who was unable to attend. Mr. Marshall requested to start a Family Movie Night. Huey Mitchell suggested an email from Mr. Marshall to inform the Governing Board about the plans for the use of the main building so it can be added to the May Agenda. Madonna Huacuja stated she would email Mr. Marshall about the subject.
- Acceptance of the Consent Agendas submitted to the board for the meeting.
- Minutes of previous meeting on 3/11/18 – Sandra
- Minutes from 3/24 special board meeting – Sandra
- Worship Committee report – Carol
- Building & Grounds report – Madonna
- PR Committee report – Tina
- Decorating Committee report – Carol
The suggestion was made to remove the banner in front of the main building. The board was in agreement. Madonna Huacuja will remove the banner. A motion was made to accept the Consent Agendas. Motion carried unanimously.
- Review 2018, 1st. quarter financial report.
Marolen Mitchell reviewed the report with the present members. A motion was made to accept with the understanding that there may be a change. Motion carried unanimously.
- Discuss and make decision on the establishment of a Child Care / R.E. Committee.
A decision was made to establish a committee with the members being Marolen Mitchell, Kylie Murry, and Greg Marshall. A motion was made to accept. Motion carried unanimously.
VII. Status of 2018 Policy & Procedures Manual.
Tom Mitchell stated there was nothing to add at this time.
VIII. The development of the official Logo for The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Longview.
The PR Committee will submit proposed Logos for the May Agenda. The Governing Board will decide the official Logo.
- Madonna Huacuja will email Greg Marshall about the Family Movie Night to be added to the May Agenda.
- Madonna Huacuja will remove the banner in front of the main building.
- Marolen Mitchell will review and submit the Final 1st Quarter Financial Report.
- A decision was made to establish a RE/Child Care Committee with the members being Marolen Mitchell, Kylie Murry, and Greg Marshall.
- PR Committee will submit proposed Logos for the May Agenda.
- Motion to Adjourn.
The meeting adjourned at 2:20 p.m.